Morgan's tale of sex and frolic

Let me tell you a tale as it unfolds of a girl's experiences most true and profound. She is a girl of 28, a worldly and educated sort who once upon a time had the convenience of falling into a great and spiraling love, an almost mythical kind of love (mirroring those of the Greek gods), which would eventually end in an equally thunderous and tumultuous way. Since her unprecedented heartbreak, she has been meeting and cavorting with several young male companions, usually with the assistance of her sophisticated friend, Sauvignon. Her name: Morgan. Her ambition: lawyer. Her bad luck: men.
The tale must be told, of Morgan's experiences with the opposite sex, since her union with her first love was brought to an end. These experiences are bound to shock, marvel and astonish, but alas, they must be told, as they are all based on true events. There must no doubt be a force trying to reckon with Morgan. It is only a wonder what kind of karma she must have pissed off.

The tale begins...

Tuesday, 5 July 2011

Two weeks' notice

The clock has struck 12, and it's now exactly two weeks until I move back to Canada. I remember when I first started writing this blog - I was still aching over my breakup with M. Back then, a part of me clung onto the hope that we'd somehow find our way back to each other, that we'd realise our mistake and reunite  once more. Why else would we keep encountering one another? Surely, the universe had plans for us? But the rational side of me saw an adventure to be had - a year of varying prospects before I start my new career in Canada. M was never one for new and exciting experiences and he did little for my self-esteem. Independence gave me the opportunity to explore the unknown and to immerse myself in new possibilities that aroused my curiosity. And what an adventure it has been; what a ride of a lifetime.

Meeting Stouty has been the greatest blessing. I feel like I currently hold the key to love and that key unlocks the mystery to all the questions ever asked about this abstract emotion. How do I put into words? Well, the best I can do is this: it's simply unadorned happiness. Anything less would be bereft; anything more would make a mockery of love. Stouty has brought me more to life than I ever knew possible. He brings out the best in me. I'm excited for tomorrow with him, I'm excited for next week with him, but more than anything else, I'm excited for my future with him. Stouty, I love you.

Over the next two weeks, I'd like to post individual goodbyes to friends I've come to cherish and adore. You've made all the laughs, tears, drunk evenings and memorable times possible. Without you, this adventure would have been impossible. You've given me beautifully gift-boxed memories that I will carry close to my heart forever.

Two more weeks. Two more weeks. Where did the time go?

No comments:

Post a Comment